How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.