How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.