How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regards to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.