How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.