How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.