How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.